a. What is a cookie?
This data file stores the information you provide us with and in doing so enables us to among other things ‘remember’ you on either for the duration of your visit (session cookies) or for repeat visits (persistent cookies). Furthermore, this small file of data keeps you logged in as you move around the website, effectively letting you move around the website without having to keep reintroducing yourself. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to continually improve our website.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can set your browser to prevent this. If your browser’s preferences allow it, each website or third party service provider is able to send a cookie to your browser.
We use the following types of cookies:
1. Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and make purchases if required.
2. Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites. This helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
3. Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our websites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
4. Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our websites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
5. Re-targeting cookies. These record the same types of information as above but display Club advertising once you have left the Club website.
c. How to reject cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies we use on our websites you can do this within your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how to do this. For more information about how to change your browser settings please see: www.aboutcookies.org.